Last modified: April, 2020
Your trust and privacy is important to us. When you use our services and share your information for purposes such as creating a Swiffy account, we can improve those services and present you with more specific and relevant search results. This will assist you to connect with people or to enable sharing and connecting with us quicker and easier. We undertake to respect your privacy and to protect your information.
Information we collect
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. Some of our services require you to sign up for a Swiffy Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name and email address.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them.
- Device information
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
- Log information
When you use our services or view content provided by Swiffy, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Location information
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones and to protect Swiffy and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results.
Swiffy processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including Swiffy. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
- Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Swiffy unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Swiffy when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Swiffy if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Swiffy, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Swiffy and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Swiffy employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities